The Plexstar XC1610 is a feature-rich, compact highly integrated central cross-connects. The XC1610 includes multi-rate SONET/SDH interfaces (4 x STM-16 or 10 x STM-4/STM-1) or (4 x OC-48 or 10 x OC-12/OC-3) with full section, line and high-order path processors. The XC1610 also contains 140G of non-blocking memory-based high-order STS/AU cross-connect, 20G low-order VT/TU path processors, 20G of non-blocking memory-based high/low-order cross-connect, a system-side interface consisting of ESSI serial links (8x2.488Gb/s or 622Mb/s). The XC1610 is configured and managed by web based feature rich GUI. It fully complies with US telecom standard. The XC1610 enables power-efficient equipment design with unprecedented scalability and carrier grade reliability.
- Offers 4 x SFP for SONET/SDH (STM-16/4 or OC-48/12).
- Offers 10 x SFP for SONET/SDH (STM-4/1 or OC-12/3).
- Unidirectional Path Switch Ring (UPSR) architecture as single XC1610.
- North/South and East/West SONET/SDH ring.
- Low-order and high-order cross-connects.
- MAPSTM automated protection switching, a mechanism that allows standards-based protection switching without software intervention.
- Linear Automatic Protection Switching (APS).
- Traffic Aggregator.
- Low power consumption (40 Watts) and cooled by software controlled fans.
- SMC or SEC compliant timing synchronization with ability to time from line, BITS.
- Additional web based secured control and status monitoring support.
- It meets all US telecom standards.
- RoHS compliant.
- XC1610-OC-48 for North America.
- XC1610-STM-16 for Asia, Europe and other regions.
XC1610 Front View
XC1610 Rear View
- Four OC48/12 or STM16/4 via SFP.
- Ten OC12/4 or STM14/1 via SFP.
- Eight OC48/STM16 via SATA connectors.
- Two (1000/100) RJ45 Interface for LAN and Console.
- Power 110/220V AC or -48V DC.
Monitoring & Maintenance:
- Higher-order and Lower-order POH, SDH/SONET Level.
- Alarms and performance monitoring.
- Remote software downloads and FPGA reconfiguration.
- Various local and remote loop-back.
Timing & Synchronization:
- Supports timing synchronization options from the SONET/SDH lines, BITS interface an internal reference. A combination of a digital PLL and an analogue PLL is used to meet the system requirements for synchronization, holdover and jitter.
- It meets the ITU-T G.812 and G.813 timing requirements for STM-1 and STM-4. It also meets the Global timing requirements for OC-3/STM-1 and OC-12/STM-4. Selection between these two is configurable via software.
- 1+1 line protection.
- 1+1 power redundancy.
- Input power: 110/220V AC or -48V DC.
- Power consumption: 40 Watts.
- Dual power input.
- Size: 19" X 11" X 1.75" (1U).
- Weight: 5 pounds.
- SONET/SDH cross-connect solution in a compact 1U chassis.
- Better utilization of available rack space.
- Cost-effective backbone network solutions.
- Low power consumption.
- Supports grooming up to TU11/VT1.5.
- Operating temperature 0ºC to 70ºC.
- Light weight.