Plexstar DWDM116P-40G,100G is a 16-channel duplex DWDM multiplexing device. It combines and transmits 16 signals in different colors simultaneously on the same fiber. In effect, one fiber is transformed into 16 virtual fibers. Each virtual fiber can transmit different protocols with different bit-rate traffic without interfering with other channels.
Plexstar DWDM product functions:
- Receive data in different formats: Receive client data in the form of 10G/40G/100G Ethernet, STM64, STM256, 10G Fiber Channel, etc. Note: Plexstar SFP+ and XFP transponders generate stable and specific laser those carry modulated digital data.
- Combine/separate different colors: Plexstar DWDM116P-40G,100G combines 16 colors and transmits those through a common fiber. At the receiving end, it separates 16 colors.
- Optical amplification: Plexstar EDFA40 optically amplifies all colors together without optical-electrical-optical conversion. These are used in repeating stations.
- Deliver data: Plexstar TP10G can be used as repeaters or can be placed at the client side functioning as transponder instead of SFP+ and XFP transponders.
- DWDM116 - 16 channels
- DWDM116P - 16 channels, MSP protected (1+1)
- DWDM116B-E & DWDM116-W: Bidirectional transmission over a single fiber
WDM109P Front View
- Special DWDM transponder SFPs.
- Transmission up to 80km in a single hop.
- Low insertion loss and high isolation.
- Any data rate up to 40G.
- Any protocol (full protocol transparency).
- SDH STM-1, STM-4, STM-16, STM-64, STM-256.
- Mux/Demux over a pair of fibers.
- High reliability.
- RoHS compliant.
- Input power: 110/220V AC or -48V DC.
- Power consumption: 8 Watts.
- Dual power input.
- Size: 19" X 11" X 1.75" (1U).
- Weight: 7.5 pounds.
- Compact box size.
- Operating temperature 0ºC to 70ºC.
- Can operate on room temperature. No extra cooling required.
- Increases capacity of a fiber-pair by using multiple DWDM wavelengths.
- Low capex bandwidth upgrade.