Dispersion limits the bandwidth of the fiber optic cables by pulse spreading thus inter-symbol interference. Higher dispersion on the fiber will cause lower bitrate. There are two types of dispersion in fiber optic cables, intra-modal dispersion also known as chromatic dispersion happens in single mode fiber and inter-modal also known as modal dispersion only happens in multimode fiber.
Plexstar PDCM modules are intra-modal (chromatic) dispersion compensation module) that provides negative dispersion for Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM) transmission systems and can be used to compensate dispersion on standard single-mode optical fiber (SMF) across entire C-Band.
PDCMs are available for any dispersion values from 20km to 120km compensation distance for protocol transparent data rates up to 40Gbps, typically used in conjunction with optical amplifiers.
- Variety of compensation lengths up to 120km.
- Passive module.
- 100% slope compensation of G.652 fiber in C-band (Typical) Low Polarization Mode.
- Compensates dispersion in standard single-mode optical fiber (G.652).
- Compatible with C-Band DWDM optical channels.
- Protocol transparent data rate up to 40Gbps.
- Low end-to-end insertion loss.
- RoHS compliant.
- PDCM-20, PDCM-40, PDCM-60, PDCM-80, PDCM-100 and PDCM-120.
PDCM Front View
- Passive Module, no power required.
- Size: 19" X 11" X 1.75" (1U).
- Weight: 5 pounds.
- Can be placed inside PAMP-BA, PAMP-PA, PAMP-LA, and PAMP-RA.